Friday, September 9, 2011

The Basic Beanie

What I love the most about finishing a project is searching for a new one!  I love going through patterns and looking at the yarn stash. I hem and haw and sometimes it will take me hours to find just the right thing.  Some days I'll start 2 or 3 projects before I tear them all out to find something else.  Whenever I just can't seem to find the right thing I always fall back on the oldie but goodie... the beanie.  This is the pattern I usually follow for the typical beanie:


Beginning- Ch 3, 12 dc into 3rd ch from hook, sl to beginning

Row 1- 2 dc in each around (24 total)
Row 2- *1 dc, 2 dc into next st* Repeat around (36 total)
Row 3- *1 dc in next two st, 2 dc* Repeat around (48 total)

I continue this pattern of increases until the hat is the desired size (fits the crown of the head).

End- Dc around until the hat is the desired length, sl to finish off, Embellish!


No comments:

Post a Comment