Monday, January 30, 2012

Key Tab Mobius

I am super excited about this pattern. I love everthing about the stitch and the yarn and the drape... I could just eat it up. (Not to toot my own horn or anything.)  I hope you enjoy this pattern as much as I have. I get tons of compliments on the finished product.  This mobius is worked in multiples of 4 plus 6 for the foundation chain. This pattern can be easily altered to fit any size or width.



Materials:
Yarn: Sport Weight  (using a more delicate yarn with loose drape adds drama and elegance to this pattern)
Hook: Size F (3.75 mm)

Ch = Chain
St = stitch
SL = Slip Stitch
SP = Space
SC = Single Crochet
DC = Double Crochet
Cl = Cluster

Cluster Stitch Guide

Work 3 Dc into next st until 1 loop of each Dc remains on hook, yarn over and pull through all 4 loops on hook

Beginning: Chain 30, work 1 Cl into 5th ch from hook, ch 1, skip 2 ch, 1 sc into next st, *ch 3, 1 Cl into next ch, ch 1, skip 2 ch, 1 sc into next ch* repeat from * to last 2 ch, ch2 1 dc into last ch, turn

Row 1: Ch 4, 1 cl into fist 2 ch sp, ch 1, *1 sc into next 3 ch sp, ch 3, 1 cl into same sp as last sc, ch 1* repeat from * to last ch sp, 1 sc into last ch sp, ch 2, 1 dc into 3rd of 4 ch at beginning of previous row, turn

Repeat Row 1 until mobius reaches about 9 inches (or desired width), seam the ends together using a sc along the edges.

Edging: Ch 1, sc evenly around, sl st to ch 1

Row 1: Ch 1, *1 cl in next st, sc in next st* repeat from * around, sl st in ch 1, finish off.

Repeat edging on top and bottom of mobius. Finished!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely stitch, and Spa is such a "feel-good" yarn to be working. Thanks for posting this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kendra,
    I love this pattern, but do you have a tutorial video? I am having a problem with the first stitches of the next row. I end up with one cluster hanging. Obviously did something wrong,,,,,,

    ReplyDelete