Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Cupcake Scarf

I made this awesome hat for my little sister and decided that it needed a scarf. I really love the wattle stitch and I had been dying to find a project to try it out on and this was the one. I love the way it turned out and couldn’t be happier to share the pattern here:


Supplies & Tools: 1 skein Multicolored Yarn (color A), 1 skein Solid Color Yarn (color B) - any worsted weight yarn will do. Hook- size G

Beginning: use color A- Ch 9

Row 1: Skip 2 ch, (couns as 1 sc), *work [1 sc, 1 ch, 1dc] into next ch, skip 2 ch; rep from * ending 1 sc into last ch, turn

Row 2: 1ch, (counts as 1 sc), skip 1st sc and next dc, *work [1 sc, 1ch, 1dc] into next ch sp, skip 1 sc, next dc; rep from * ending with [1 sc, 1 ch, 1dc] into last ch sp, skip next sc, 1 sc into top of turn ch, turn

Repeat Row 2 until scarf measures 30 inches.

Cuff: use color B and work on both ends of scarf

Row 1: Work 13 dc evenly across scarf edge, ch 2; turn (ch 2 counts as dc)

Row 2: *Work fpdc in next st, work bpdc in nect st; rep from * to end of row; ch 2, turn

Row 3+: Repeat Row 2- 5 more times or until cuff measures 2.5 inches

Border/Edging: use color B

Work evenly spaced reverse sc around whole scarf

Ruffle: use color A and work on both ends of scarf and front and back of scarf

Row 1: Work 12 st in between stitches, ch 3, turn

Row 2: Work 4 dc and 1 sc into same st as ch, sc into next st, *5dc and 1 sc into next st, sc next st; rep from * to end, fasten off

Repeat Rows 1-2 on last 3 remaining sides.

I was inspired to make this scarf to match these cupcake hat patterns that I discovered on Ravelry.com. I used the two patterns to create this hat:

1 comment:

  1. "...cupcake hat patterns that I discovered on Ravelry.com. I used the two patterns to create this hat:" u never gave the pattern names :( do you still happen to remember them that you could share names of? tia

    ReplyDelete